Sunday, February 14, 2016

1st Sunday in Lent

Dear Friends,

     Each Sunday I will post a link for the New Testament reading and the Psalm for that day.  I have also included one small part of Psalm 32 written by Nan C. Merrill in her book, Psalms for Praying, An Invitation to Wholeness.   Allow the words that call to you enlighten your journey and your calling too.

Wishing you many blessings for your Lenten journey,
Kimberly

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Therefore, let everyone who is sincere
give thanks to the Beloved;
For whenever we feel paralyzed by fear,
we shall be embraced by Love.
Dwelling in the Heart of the Beloved,
we are free from distress,
free to live more creatively.

O my Beloved, You are my guide,
You teach me to walk in the Light.
Be watchful of me, counsel me as 
I listen to You in the Silence.
I pray for the gifts of inner peace and wisdom,
For the grace to reverence all of Creation.

1st Sunday in Lent New Testament Reading: Matthew 4:1-11
1st Sunday in Lent Psalm Reading Psalm 32


Taken From: Merril, Nan, C.,  Psalms for Praying, An Invitation to Wholeness, Psalm 32New York: Continuum, 2007, p. 55.