Thursday, February 11, 2016

Healing in Nature

Dear Friends,

     As we move into the Lenten season, it is good to rest.  Take time today to be in the natural world to see how God speaks to you.  Perhaps you will hear the wind through the trees, or see the sun on the water, or perhaps a Cardinal will arrive close by.  Allow your spirit to be nourished by the natural world and allow God to reach you in these places of quiet.  Below is a beautiful poem by Wendell Berry speaking of the nourishment offered by the natural world.

Wishing you many blessings and gifts of nourishment,
Kimberly
"When despair for the world grows in me and I wake in the night at the least sound, in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be, I go and lie down where the wood drake rests in the beauty of the water, and the great heron feeds.  I come into the peace of the wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief.  I come into the presence of still water, and I feel above me the day - blind stars waiting for their light.  For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-Wendell Berry,"The Peace of Wild Things"
Photo by Kimberly Ann Borin, Copyright 2016