Sunday, March 13, 2016

5th Sunday in Lent

Dear Friends,

     On the journey of Lent, there are moments where we are brought to tears, or crying out, or questioning.  Today I offer two prayers, the first, a Laguna Pueblo Prayer, and the second, a Hebrew Children's Prayer.  Trust that you are not alone on the journey, and that angels are by your side and that we are all in this together.

Wishing you countless blessings for healing and strength,
Kimberly

Laguna Pueblo Prayer

I add my breath to your breath
That our days may be long on the Earth,
That the days of our people may be long,
That we shall be as one person,
That we may finish our road together.

Taken from Life Prayers, Affirmations to Celebrate the Human journey. By Elizabeth Roberts and Elias Amidon

Hebrew Children’s Prayer

In the name of the Lord God of Israel,
May Michael, the protection of God,
Be at my right hand,
And Gabriel, the power of God, at my left,
Before me Uriel, the light of God,
Behind me Raphael, the healing of God,
And above my head Shekhinat El, the presence of God.

Taken from The Western Way, pg. 283 (88) Forms of Prayer for Jewish Worship, ed, Assembly of Rabbis of the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain, 1977 (T).

5th Sunday in Lent New Testament Reading: John 11:1-45
5th Sunday in Lent Psalm Reading: Psalm 130